Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Houston vs. CSU preview (aka Anthony Alridge is fast)

NOTE: I wrote a whole big preview of the game at 3 a.m. after coming home from a Cross Canadian Ragweed Concert, but this lovely program decided to delete it, along with my lovely videos, links, and pictures that I worked on until 4 a.m. Then, before I even realized what happened or how to correct it, the thing autosaved. Lovely.

I was barely able to refrain myself from smashing my computer, so this is going to be a very quick preview.



Houston is up this weekend for the Rams, as CSU tries to break their nine-game losing streak.

What do we know about these Cougars?

-Running back Anthony Alridge is one of the top backs in the country, and he is really fast.

-The Cougs have perhaps the most complex offense of any team CSU will face. It is a no-huddle offense, with two quarterbacks rotating, that will line up with five wide recievers one play (think Texas Tech), and go flexbone (think Navy) on the next play.

-It is hot and humid in Houston, something the Rams are not used to.

-Houston lost by 21 points to Pac-10 stud Oregon, then whooped up on hapless Tulane 34-10.

-The Houston mascot (Shasta???) got beat up by the Oregon Duck, and since CAM is way more ripped than the duck, I think he should be favored as well.

Very quick and dirty preview:

CSU can run and pass.
The Cougars can as well.
Turnovers will be the difference.
Sonny is great after byes.
It is hot and humid in Houston.
I think CSU is due.
Rams over Cougs 38-31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.